This site is obsolete. Please visit docs.cloudfoundry.org
- Cloud Controller - Maintains a database with tables for orgs, spaces, apps, services, service instances, user roles, and more.
- Droplet Execution Agent - Manages the lifecycle of an application instance. Tracks started instances and broadcasts state messages.
- Health Manager - Monitors applications, reconciles the current state (e.g. running, stopped, crashed) and expected state, and directs Cloud Controller to take action if they disagree.
- How Applications Are Staged - Click on the link to view the diagram.
- Messaging (NATS) - Lightweight publish-subscribe and distributed queueing messaging system.
- (Go)Router - Routes incoming traffic to the appropriate component, usually the cloud controller or a running application on a DEA node.
- Services - Any type of add-on that can be provisioned alongside your application; for example, a database or an account on a third-party SaaS provider.
- Stacks - Prebuilt file systems, including an operating system, that support running applications with certain characteristics.
- User Account and Authentication (UAA) Server - Identity management service for Cloud Foundry.
- Warden - Provides a simple API for managing isolated, resource-controlled environments.